Role and Responsibilities
The Maintenance Coordinator is responsible for maintaining product quality and operational safety through equipment reliability. This position is responsible for the planning and execution of routine maintenance and the management of resources. The Maintenance Coordinator must understand how to effectively maintain company resources while prioritizing plant operation. The Maintenance Coordinator must also possess the skills necessary to effectively manage people. Typical job duties may include planning and scheduling work, communicating with shift operators and production managers, performing trouble shooting of mechanical and electrical systems, performing preventative and breakdown maintenance, supervising on-site contractors, accurate record keeping and inventory control, supervision of other personnel, maintaining housekeeping for common and assigned areas, and complying with all environmental and safety procedures.
- Promote safe work practices by conducting daily toolbox meetings, weekly safety meetings, participating in safety audits, investigations, and ensure compliance with safety rules and regulations.
- Participates in continual improvement programs regarding Environmental, Health, Safety, Security, and Maintenance programs.
- Participate in environmental, health, safety, and security training.
- Development of job plans through technical analysis & CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System), field walk downs, and identification of resource requirements.
- Attend and contribute to all planning, scheduling, and work prioritization meeting with refinery team.
- Coordinate effectively with the Operations department for planning of maintenance activities.
- Efficiently execute scheduled routine maintenance.
- Maintain all process equipment, process controls, and automation systems including hardware, software, and instrumentation.
- Handles all reports on work order discrepancies or malfunctions in process area that require attention by the maintenance department.
- Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities, expenses, and asset statuses in the CMMS.
- Manage the work order system and ensure proper completion and close-out of work tasks.
- Reviews all logs and records for accuracy and completion prior to shift closure.
- Complete work progress sheets, identify discrepancies, and input barriers.
- Keeps physical surveillance of the equipment to detect abnormal operation or equipment failures.
- Establish and implement tool and inventory control programs to support operational-based maintenance.
- Take responsibility for plant housekeeping.
- Safely uses and/or handles hazardous materials/wastes commonly found in refinery settings. Recognize, report, and safely respond to refinery emergencies involving hazardous material/wastes.
- Lead by example, coach and mentor employees to improve performance and skills.
- Assist in performing employee performance evaluations.
- Identify and assist in the development of training requirements for employees.
- Responsible for scheduling and directing employees/projects and making sure all the work happens according to the schedule. Keep track of the workers’ activities and duties, including in the event of call-ins, vacations, overtime. Communicate with the Plant Manager on employee’s hours and schedules.
- Have full knowledge, understanding, champion, enforce, and support the BQ9000 program and program requirements.
- Support and champion quality for all products and services produced or provided by CRC to ensure the highest quality product and services.
- Have full understanding and complete support CRC’s company vision, mission, and core values.
- Support and champion environmental, health, safety, and security programs to ensure full compliance with CRC.
- Identify and assist in the development of training requirements for employees. Attend and actively participate in all required training.
- Ensure that all injuries, illnesses, and/or accidents are reported to the EHSS and HR Departments.
- Continuously seek to improve CRC processes and procedures while maintaining good safety, environmental, security, and quality culture.
- Have full knowledge, understanding and champion all emergency procedures, including those involving hazardous materials/wastes.
- The ability to read and understand electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics, drawings, or prints.
- The ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
- The ability to troubleshoot and perform minor PLC programming tasks, and to support contract services when necessary.
- Basic computer knowledge and familiarity with Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must be able to perform as part of a team, support group communication, and work to accomplish the goals and decisions of the team.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred.
- One to three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience is generally required.
- Qualifying score for all pre-employment aptitude and post-offer physical requirements testing required to perform essential duties of this position.
- 2 years of manufacturing experience in industrial plant preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of employees, managers, technical representative, and local, state, or federal regulators.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.