Role and Responsibilities
The Staff Accountant positions requires an organized and highly motivated team player with strong initiative, communication skills and an understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) to assist with monthly financial close activities including but not limited to journal entry preparation, account analysis and balance sheet reconciliation. The incumbent prepares financial reports through analysis of basic operating statistics and/or financial data. The Staff Accountant also supports operations in understanding their financial information and identifying opportunities to maximize financial performance.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions.
- Analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources
- Explain invoicing procedures and accounting policies to staff, vendors and customers.
- Record and reconcile A/R and follow up on customer discrepancies.
- Reconcile all bank accounts and posts wire transfers.
- Report in G/L all monthly and quarterly tax filings
- Assist with the monthly financial close.
- Assist with preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
- Assist with various projects to drive value through financial analysis.
- Other duties as assigned and trained.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BS in Accounting
- 1 to 3 years of experience – manufacturing or Public Accounting a plus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Broad understanding of GAAP
- Proficiency with the MS Office Professional suite, particularly Excel
- Experience with QuickBooks and/or other accounting software
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and climb or balance.
The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Please send resume to: email@example.com.